The vision is to create a platform of clinicians from related fields such as Surgeons, Physicians, Gastroenterologists, Cardiologists, Nutritionists, Psychologists and Internists. The umbrella will serve to provide a common forum to these specialists to meet and further work towards the field of Obesity Management especially Bariatric Surgery promptly.
The name of the Society is “Foundation for Obesity Research and Metabolic Surgery”(FORMS).
Aims and objectives
The aims and the objectives of the society, for which the same is established, shall be as under:
- To encourage and promote scientific and research work in the field of obesity and metabolic surgery.
- To educate the common public, medical/healthcare providers about obesity, obesity related diseases and the management options by holding workshops, talks, seminars or through print or electronic media.
- To hold meetings, scientific discussions, CMEs, conferences, workshops and organize exhibitions of instruments etc for technical improvement.
- To associate together in one body, all qualified persons practicing or interested in obesity and metabolic surgery.
- To hold meetings for reading and discussing technical papers and other work of literature, science or arts and any other activity necessary for the fulfillment of the objectives of the society.
- To promote the establishment of centres where adequate training can be imparted and to coordinate the working of these centres and to ensure uniform training in these centres.
- To establish contact with various institutions, foundations and societies in India and overseas and coordinate with them in order for better exchange of knowledge, manpower and technology.
- To remain non-political in its outlook and functioning and to readily co-operate with the government of the day.
- To publish articles, newsletters, books, directories, pamphlets, periodicals, journals or publications for public or private circulation as found relevant.
- To undertake all such actions towards fulfilment of the overall purpose of growth and development of obesity and metabolic surgery in all aspects in India.
- To encourage and promote development and advancement of obesity and metabolic surgery as a super specialty in field of surgical disciplines.
- To acquire and hold the properties movable and immovable that may be necessary or advantageous for these objectives.
- To receive donations, funds or grants for the development of foundation and for instating awards, prizes.
- To take steps towards procuring funds for equipment, manpower and other facilities for the benefit of patients who themselves can not afford obesity or metabolic surgery.
- To maintain a proper library and procure manpower and other facilities for adequate record keeping of the scientific data and other works done by the foundation.
All the Income, earnings, movable and immovable property of the society shall be applied towards promotion of its aims and objectives only as set forth in the Memorandum of Association & no profit shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of Dividend, Bonus, Profit or in any other manner whatsoever to the present or past members of the society or to any other person claiming through and one or more of the present or past members. No member of the society shall have any personal claim on any movable or immovable property of the society or make any profit whatsoever by virtue of its membership.